The only team this weekend to take advantage of home-field advantage was the AFC’s Pittsburgh Steelers. After a 41-yard TD pass by Chargers QB Philip Rivers, the game looked like it was going to be very close. The Steelers than had a punt-return for a touchdown by Santonio Holmes to tie the game. From there it was all Pittsburgh! The Chargers tried to pull off a comeback during the 4th quarter by scoring 14 points but the Steelers were too good to mess with and won the game 35-24. Next week’s game with the Ravens and Steelers will be a tough one for both teams, and the team whose defense shows up will be headed to the Super Bowl.
Spiting the season series 1-1, the Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants we meeting for the third time this season and most important match-up of the three. For the most part, the Giants just looked out of sync, especially Giants QB Eli Manning. The Giants did score a safety on the Eagles but could not capitalize anywhere else. The Eagles defense was ready to play with an interception by Asante Samuels, Quintin Mikell with 3:15 left in the game, and two important 4th down stops. The Eagles defeat the No. 1 ranked NY Giants 23-11 and are head to Arizona to meet the Cardinals in the NFC Championship Game next Sunday. We beat them on Thanksgiving 48-20, so that should be a great inspiration to reach the Super Bowl.
Via Sneaker Files
Combine multiple sneakers to form one new sneaker. Sounds pretty simple, right? Well, we are now seeing evidence that Jordan Brand not only finds it simple, but effective as well. The concept of merging sneakers will continue throughout 2009 and we now have pictures of the newest hybrid. This pair merges together all of the sneakers that Michael Jordan wore on the five occasions that he scored 60 or more points. The Air Jordan 2 (II) and the Air Jordan 5 (V) play key parts in the Air Jordan 60+ and their influence on this pair is quite obvious. The most prevalent characteristic on this pair that we have seen before is the midsole which comes straight from the AJ5. Other key components include a mesh net on the side and a heel tab reminescent of the AJ2. Though it is not confirmed, the Air Jordan 60+ is set to begin releasing in August of 2009.
Five times Michael Jordan scored 60+ points:
04/20/86 – 63 points – Chicago vs. Boston
03/04/87 – 61 points – Chicago vs. Detroit
04/16/87 – 61 points – Chicago vs. Atlanta
03/28/90 – 69 points – Chicago vs. Cleveland
01/16/93 – 64 points – Chicago vs. Orlando
The new album will be sick and here is a picture of Jadakiss’ – The Last Kiss” album cover. Below is a rumored tracklist for the new album:
01. Guess Who’s Back (produced by DJ Green Lantern)
02. Kiss My Ass (produced by Vinny Idol)
03. By My Side feat. Ne-Yo (produced by Eric Hudson)
04. Who Run This feat. Jay-Z (produced by Baby Grand)
05. Is This Thing On? (produced by Swizz Beatz)
06. Can’t Help It (produced by Danja)
07. We In Here feat. Sheek & Styles P (produced by Neo Da Matrix)
08. Daily Pain (Married To The Game) feat. Dondria (produced by Jermaine Dupri)
09. That’s My Word (produced by Just Blaze)
10. Roc-A-Fella Money feat. Young Jeezy & Fabolous (produced by Don Cannon)
11. I Can’t Choose feat. Kanye West (produced by Kanye West)
12. Still A Thug feat. Keyshia Cole & Uncle Murda (produced by The Runners)
13. Through My Eyes (Seen It All) (produced by Jonathan Rotem)
14. All We Need Is Us feat. Avery Storm (produced by Drumma Boy)
15. Deeper Than Rap feat. Rick Ross (produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
16. The Last Kiss (produced by Red Spyda)
The exact release date is not set.
This is the result that I wanted to happen with this game but did not think that it was actually going to happen. From the beginning of the game it was all Arizona. WR Larry Fitzgerald was catching all the tough passes for the Cards and Carolina’s Jake Delhomme just simply had a bad game. Delhomme threw 5 interceptions on his 34th birthday. The Cards were the better team and are headed to their 1st NFC Championship Game next week in franchise history. The winner of the Eagles/Giants game will face the Cardinals next week. The final score was 33-13